Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Metro to resume fare collection October 1, 2020.
On Thursday, October 1, Metro will resume collecting fares for all transit services.
Metro is encouraging riders to use a contactless payment option—such as an ORCA card—to speed up the boarding process, and further protect both themselves and the operator.
Metro’s customer service and pass sales office at 201 S Jackson St is open with revised hours and lobby capacity limits.
All Sound Transit Express bus service – including ST Express bus routes operated by Metro – have already resumed fare collection and requires a $3.25 flat fare. Link and Sounder trains are charging full fares.
Fall service changes are now in effect and include changes to bus service in south King County and continued suspensions of other routes. Check for other options where available for suspended service.
Metro has implemented coach capacity guidelines that could result in longer waits for some riders. Be sure to allow plenty of time for your trip.
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required in public places, on transit vehicles and at transit stops. Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Board and exit through the back door if possible.
- Observe and abide by signs and decals.