Service delays continue on routes 3, 4, 8, 14, 27 and 48 in the Central District of Seattle due to a march and rally.
Northbound Route 4 has resumed service on S Plum St; earlier fire response near 23rd Av S has been cleared.
Route 4 continues to be rerouted in both directions off of 23rd Av north of S Jackson St and off E Jefferson St east of 14th Av. Use stops on 23rd Av south of S Jackson St or on E Jefferson St west of 14th Av.
Route 8 continues to be rerouted of S Jackson St, 23rd Av S and E Yesler Wy, due to a march & rally in the Central District. Use stops on Martin Luther King Jr Wy S south of S Jackson St or north of E Yesler Wy.
Route 27 has resumed regular routing on E Yesler Wy between Martin Luther King Jr Wy and 20th Av S.
Route 48 continues to be rerouted off 23rd Av between S Jackson St and E Alder St using Martin Luther King Jr Wy S instead, due to a march in the Central District. Use stops on 23rd Av south of S Jackson St or north of E Alder St, or at stops along the reroute on Martin Luther King Jr Wy S.
Most bus service is operating regular routing on Capitol Hill, in downtown Seattle and other parts of Metro’s service area, including along Pine and Pike streets and on 4th Avenue.
Minor exceptions currently include:
- Route 70, which continues to be rerouted off of Virginia St between 7th and Boren avenues; use stops on Virginia St west of 7th Av or on Fairview Av north of Boren Av.
- Route 309, which continues to be rerouted off of Virginia St and a portion of 8th Av; use stops on 8th Av south of Olive Wy or on Fairview Av north of Boren Av.
- Sound Transit Route ST 545, which continues to be rerouted off of 5th Av between Stewart and S Jackson streets; use stops on Stewart St and 2nd Avenue instead.
- On Capitol Hill, Route 11, which continues to be rerouted off of E Pine St between 15th Av and Broadway; use stops on E Pine St east of 15th Av or west of Broadway.
Affected locations and impacts to transit service continue to be subject to change with little or no notice.
Be aware of conditions in your immediate area, consider alternate routes or stops, expect possible delays, revise travel plans if needed and travel safely.
Your patience is appreciated.
Metro has implemented coach capacity guidelines that could result in longer waits for some riders. Be sure to allow plenty of time for your trip.
Metro customers affected by service reductions and coach capacity restrictions may want to see if Vanpools for essential workers, Access service for some riders and other options can help.
Reduced Schedule is in effect
Weekday routes and services that are completely canceled
- Metro routes 5X, 9, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21X, 22, 29, 37, 47, 55, 56, 57, 74, 76, 77, 78, 102, 111, 113, 114, 116, 118, 119, 121, 122, 123, 125, 143, 154, 157, 158, 159, 167, 177, 178, 179, 186, 190, 192, 197, 200, 208, 212, 214, 216, 217, 218, 219, 221, 224, 226, 232, 237, 241, 246, 249, 252, 257, 268, 301, 304, 308, 311, 312, 316, 330, 342, 355, 630 – Mercer Island Community Shuttle, 773, 775, 823, 824, 886, 887, 888, 889, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 907, 910, 913, 930, 931, 952, 980, 981, 982, 984, 986, 987, 988, 989, 994 & 995;
- Black Diamond/Enumclaw Community Ride, Shoreline/Lake Forest Park Community Ride, Normandy Park Community Ride, Sammamish Community Ride, Juanita Community Ride & new Bothell/Woodinville Community Ride;
- Sound Transit Express Bus routes 541, 555 and 556;
- The South Lake Union Streetcar;
- The Seattle Center Monorail, and
- Via to Transit.
Text for departures
At – or on your way to – your stop, text your transit stop ID to 62550 to find out when the next transit service is scheduled at your stop.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Long-term Construction Reroute
West Seattle Bridge Closure
- Monday, 3/23-Until further notice; at all times.
- Metro routes 21 Local, 21 Express*, 37*, 50, 55*, 56*, 57*, 116*, 118*, 119*, 120, 125* and the RapidRide C Line are rerouted.
- These routes are traveling instead via the lower level SW Spokane St bridge.
- Except for routes 21 Local and 37, no stops are missed during the reroute.
- Routes 21 Local and 37 will not serve the stop eastbound on SW Spokane St just before the ramp at Chelan Av SW. These routes will stay on SW Spokane St and serve the temporary stop, also eastbound, under the bridge across the roadway, and just 15 feet north of the regular stop.
- Expect possible transit service delays.
*All trips on Routes 21 Express, 37, 55, 56, 57, 116, 118, 119 and 125 are currently not operating but will be affected once service resumes.