Ride transit to this evening’s Seahawks pre-season game
Commuters heading home, and football fans heading to CenturyLink Field, are advised to expect possibly significant general traffic and transit service delays before the Seahawks pre-season game tonight.
Metro Transit operates a Sunday schedule on Labor Day
On Labor Day, Monday, September 3, Metro Transit operates a Sunday schedule.
Metro offices, including the Customer Information phone line, and the Lost and Found and Pass Sales counters, will be closed. If a Metro bus route does not normally operate on Sunday, it will not operate on Labor Day.
Text for departures
At – or on your way to – your stop, text your transit stop ID to 62550 to find out when the next transit service is scheduled at your stop.
Extended bus-only hours on Third Avenue
The Third Avenue corridor in downtown Seattle is reserved for only buses and bicyclists from 6 AM until 7 PM, every day of the week. This includes Prefontaine Pl in Pioneer Square (between Fourth Av and Yesler Way) and Third Av between Yesler Way and Stewart Street.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about service advisories and alerts due to significant events and construction in Metro’s service area.
Visit Metro’s Service Advisories page for a complete list.
Seahawks at CenturyLink Field
- Thu, 8/30 at 7:00 PM;
- Ride regularly scheduled transit service to and from the game.
- There is no special service from/to park-and-rides on weekday games.
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays before and after games on routes that serve Chinatown/International District, SODO, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle.
- All transit service requires fare payment.
Bumbershoot at Seattle Center
- Fri, 8/31-Sun, 9/2
- No special shuttle or extra transit service for this event.
- To get directly to the festival, ride Metro routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 24, 32 or 33, or the RapidRide D Line.
- Routes 5, 26, 28, 40, the RapidRide C and E lines, and the South Lake Union Streetcar travel to within walking distance of the Seattle Center.
- A valid fare is required on all Metro service.
- Visit Metro’s online regional Puget Sound Trip Planner to plan your transit trip to and from Bumbershoot at Seattle Center and other events and locations.
- Visit Metro’s Service Advisories page for known service exceptions that may affect your trip.
Sounders FC match
- Sat, 9/1 at 1:00 PM;
- Ride regularly scheduled Transit service to or near CenturyLink Field;
- Expect traffic & possible Transit delays before and after games on routes that serve SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle area;
- Regular fares apply.
Mariners Home Stand
- Mon, 9/3 & Sat, 9/8 at 6:10 PM;
- Tue, 9/4, Wed, 9/5, Fri, 9/7 & Tue, 9/11 at 7:10 PM;
- Sun, 9/9 at 1:10 PM;
- Wed, 9/12 at 3:40 PM.
- There is no premium or special transit service to or from games.
- Ride regularly scheduled transit service to & from games.
- Lots of transit service goes near Safeco Field.
- Route 21 will operate via a post-game reroute for all Mariners home games.
- On Wednesday, 9/12 routes 116, 118 & 119 will be affected by a post-game reroute.
- There is no transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St.
Get around the region with the Puget Sound Trip Planner app
The Puget Sound Trip Planner app – available for Apple and Android mobile devices – allows riders to plan a trip that covers many transportation choices, including buses, rail, ferries, streetcars, and water taxis. Get this free app for our iPhone or Android today.
Drive for Metro! Metro is hiring. Apply today.
We are here weekdays from 6-9 AM and 3-7 PM to help keep an Eye on your Metro Commute.