On Saturday, September 21, Metro’s fall service changes begin
Fall transit service revisions include:
- New green timetables.
- 1350 more weekly trips on 35 routes.
- South King County routes 105, 164, 183, 346, and 906 will double
in frequency, shifting from service every 60 minutes to service
every 30 minutes.
- Plus, other service adjustments to improve reliability.
- Tuesdays only, through 9/24, 11:00 AM–8:00 PM
- Metro routes 101, 107, 143 & 167 will be rerouted with all regular stops served.
Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field
- Wednesday, 9/18 at 7:30 PM
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays before and after games on routes that serve SODO, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle area.
- Fans can use area park & ride lots and are reminded to plan their return trips.
- Ride transit to the match.
- Thursdays only, through 10/3, 12:00 Noon–10:00 PM
- Metro routes 64 & 65 will be rerouted with all regular stops served.
- Saturdays only, through 11/23, 7:00 AM–4:00 PM
- Metro Route 31 will be rerouted with all regular stops served.
Long-term Bus Stop Closure
The bus stop southbound on 35th Av SW at SW Avalon Way is closed
- Mon, 7/22 -Until further notice; at all times.
- The southbound stop on 35th Av at SW Avalon Way is closed.
- Rts 21 express, 21 local, 50, 55, 773 Water Taxi shuttle & the RapidRide C Line are affected.
- Riders may board or exit at one of the temporary stops:
- westbound on SW Avalon Way east of 35th Av SW (for all except routes 21 Express and 55) or;
- westbound on SW Alaska St west of 35th Av SW, or
- at a new temporary stop serving route 21, southbound on 35th Av SW, south of SW Alaska St.
Permanent Bus Stop Closure
The Montlake Freeway Stops on SR 520 are closed permanently
- ST Express routes 545 & 555, King County Metro routes 252, 255, 257, 268 & 311 and Community Transit route 424 are no longer serving these stops.
- Sign up for service alerts and other updates.
Northbound SR 99 buses are rerouted off SR 99 & 1st Av S through Saturday, September 21
Northbound SR 99 transit service are temporarily rerouted off SR 99 and First Avenue South through Saturday, September 21, during construction near S Dearborn St.
Buses are traveling instead non-stop via SODO surface streets and are not serving the bus stop in Pioneer Square on northbound 1st Av S at S King St. During this temporary service disruption, use regular published timetables to plan trips on these routes, but be aware of the revised routing and stops, expect possible delays and plan accordingly.
This temporary revision is separate from the long-term southbound revision that was implemented for these routes on September 9.
Routes 21 Express, 55, 56, 57, 120 & 125
These routes are traveling non-stop via the SODO Busway. Their first downtown stop is northbound on Third Avenue just south of James St; they are then continuing via their regular routing and stops. Route 125 is remaining on 3rd Av and turning back south at Union St; it is not serving 1st Av.
Routes 113, 121, 122 & 123
These routes are traveling non-stop via East Marginal Way S. Their first downtown stop is northbound on Third Avenue just south of James St; they are continuing via their regular routing and stops.
RapidRide C Line
This route is traveling non-stop via the SODO Busway. Its first downtown stop is northbound on Prefontaine Place South just south of Yesler Way; it is then continuing via its regular routing and stops.
Routes not affected
Routes 21 Local, 37, 116, 118 and 119 are not affected and are traveling via their usual routes and stops.Use the Android or iOS smartphone apps or schedule rides in advance by calling 866-750-5057.
Metro is hiring. Apply today.
We are here weekdays from 6-9 AM and 3-7 PM to help keep an Eye on your Metro Commute.