Commuters heading home, and concert-goers are advised to expect possibly significant general traffic and transit service delays
before the Pearl Jam concert at Safeco Field on Friday evening.
Hot weather tips
Metro Transit is advising all transit riders in its service area to plan ahead for traveling during the very hot weather that is expected during the next few days.
While about 70 percent of Metro’s bus fleet has air conditioning, crowded buses could still feel very warm, and getting to and from bus stops in the heat may be a consideration for some people.
- Ride the bus during off-peak hours, when buses are less crowded.
- If possible, take morning or evening bus trips to avoid the midday sun.
- Carry water with you on the bus to keep you hydrated.
- Wear lightweight, comfortable clothing.
- If you are traveling with children or seniors, be aware that they are more prone to heat-related illness.
Metro does everything it can to make riding transit as comfortable as possible, however, transit service can be affected by traffic, weather and other conditions over which we have no control. Your patience during delays and service disruptions is appreciated.
Please note the information below about service advisories and alerts due to significant events and construction in Metro’s service area.
- Fri, 8/10 at 7:30 PM;
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays before and after the concerts on routes that serve Chinatown/International District, SODO, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Get around the region with the Puget Sound Trip Planner app
The Puget Sound Trip Planner app – available for Apple and Android mobile devices – allows riders to plan a trip that covers many transportation choices, including buses, rail, ferries, streetcars, and water taxis. Get this free app for our iPhone or Android today.
Drive for Metro! Metro is hiring. Apply today.
We are here weekdays from 6-9 AM and 3-7 PM to help keep an Eye on your Metro Commute.