Hot weather tips
Metro Transit is advising all transit riders in its service area to plan ahead for traveling during the very hot weather that is expected during the next few days.
While about 70 percent of Metro’s bus fleet has air conditioning, crowded buses could still feel very warm, and getting to and from bus stops in the heat may be a consideration for some people.
- Ride the bus during off-peak hours, when buses are less crowded.
- If possible, take morning or evening bus trips to avoid the midday sun.
- Carry water with you on the bus to keep you hydrated.
- Wear lightweight, comfortable clothing.
- If you are traveling with children or seniors, be aware that they are more prone to heat-related illness.
Metro does everything it can to make riding transit as comfortable as possible, however, transit service can be affected by traffic, weather and other conditions over which we have no control. Your patience during delays and service disruptions is appreciated.
Convention Place tunnel station stop closures & relocation
On July 21 the bus stops inside the Convention Place Station closed permanently. Buses are now serving stops on Ninth Avenue.
Buses will continue to operate in the downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel through March of 2019. Affected by the bus stop relocation on July 21 are Metro routes 41, 74, 101, 102, 150 and 255, and Sound Transit Express Route 550.
Try Metro’s new text for departures tool to quickly find the next departures of transit service at stops
Find the next departure times of transit service at your stop by texting your stop ID to 62550, and you will receive a return message with the next departure times at that stop. Include a specific route number after the stop ID to see departure times for just that route.
Please note the information below about service advisories and alerts due to significant events and construction in Metro’s service area.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
- Thu, 7/26 –Sun, 7/30
- Metro routes 240 & 246 will be rerouted.
- Fri, 7/27 –Sat, 7/28
- Metro routes 186 & DART 915 will be rerouted.
- Sat, 7/28 – 7:00 AM-1:00 PM
- Metro routes 101, 105, 106, 107, 148, 169, 240, RapidRide F Line & DART 908 will be rerouted.
- Sat, 7/28 – 5:00 PM-10:30 PM
- Pine Street reroutes Start Fri, 7/27 at 6:00 PM until Sun, 7/29 at 3:00 PM.
- Metro routes 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 26, 28, 41, 40, 47, 49, 62, 70, 120, 125, 131, 132, RapidRide C & E Line & Sound Transit Express routes 522, 545 & 554 will be rerouted.
Get around the region with the Puget Sound Trip Planner app
The Puget Sound Trip Planner app – available for Apple and Android mobile devices – allows riders to plan a trip that covers many transportation choices, including buses, rail, ferries, streetcars, and water taxis. Get this free app for our iPhone or Android today.
Drive for Metro! Metro is hiring. Apply today.
We are here weekdays from 6-9 AM and 3-7 PM to help keep an Eye on your Metro Commute.