Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Metro’s Thursday afternoon commute wrap-up. Traffic flow is begging to subside, with no significant disruption or traffic congestion issues on 1 Av S and 4 Av S in the SODO district, due to the closure of the Alaskan Way Viaduct. There is congestion on northbound I-5 between S Albro Pl and downtown Seattle. Continue to expect some delays in service along these corridors.
Reroutes for the 11 buses which use the viaduct are in effect. If your bus normally uses the viaduct, remember to board your bus on southbound 3rd Av and not on Columbia St.
Even if your bus doesn’t use the viaduct, later on in the morning commute you may experience delays in service due to traffic volumes on Aurora Av, I-5 and local roads. Traffic congestion on the north end of the viaduct is likely to cause specific delays for Metro bus routes 5, 15, 16, 18, 26 Express, 28 Express and 358.
Please note the information below about upcoming events
in Metro’s service area.
- Saturday, October 29 – 7:30 PM
- Free Husky shuttles from several P&Rs.
- Rts 31, 44, 65, 68 & 75 will be rerouted during this event.
- CenturyLink Field – Sunday, October 30 starting at 1:15 PM
- Ride transit to stadium events, regular fares apply.
- Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- Monday, October 31 from 3:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Metro bus routes 19, 31 & 994 will be rerouted in the Magnolia area due to this event.
- Monday, October 31 from 4:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Metro bus route 118 will be rerouted in the Vashon area due to this event.
Monday, October 31 from 4:00 PM-8:00 PM
Sound Transit route 522 will be rerouted in the Bothell area due to this event.
Thank you for joining us.
We will return at 6:00 AM on Friday to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great evening.