Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Metro’s Friday commute is winding down with Alaskan Way Viaduct will close for 9 days beginning tonight at 7:30 PM.
Reroutes for the 11 buses which use the viaduct will begin at 7:00 PM. If your bus normally uses the viaduct, remember to board your bus on southbound 3rd Av and not on Columbia St.
Even if your bus doesn’t use the viaduct, you may experience delays in service due to heavy vehicle traffic on Aurora Av, I-5 and local roads. Traffic congestion on the north end of the viaduct is likely to cause specific delays for Metro bus routes 5, 15, 16, 18, 26 Express, 28 Express and 358.
More information about the closure and the affect on bus travel is available at Metro Online.
Please note the information below about upcoming week end events
in Metro’s service area.
- Friday, October 21, 7:00 PM at Key Arena
- Saturday, October 22 from 7:30 PM – 11:00 PM at Century Link Field
- Saturday, October 22 from 2 PM – 5 PM
- Metro Buses are not rerouted due to this event but expect delays
- Sunday, October 23 from 9:30 AM-11:00 AM
- Metro bus routes 65 & 75 will be rerouted in the University area due to this event.
Thank you for joining us this evening!
We will return at 6:00 AM Monday morning to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great week end.