Metro’s Thursday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Please note the information below about upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
From Friday, August 19 at approximately 11:00 PM until Monday, August 22 at about 5:00 AM
Metro bus routes 54, 55, 120 & 125 will be rerouted southbound only off of the Alaskan Way Viaduct to accommodate work being performed by WSDOT.
Saturday, August 20, from 6:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Route 31 will be rerouted due to this event.
Saturday, August 20, from 7:00 AM-10:00 PM
- Route 209 will be rerouted due to this event.
Saturday, August 20, from 9:30 AM-3:00 PM
- Route 7 will be rerouted due to this event.
Saturday, August 20, from 10:30 AM-2:00 PM
Seahawks vs Minnesota, pre season game, Saturday, August 20, 7:00 PM at Century Link/Qwest Field
- While no reroutes are expected for this event, expect possible transit service schedule delays during stadium events and at other times when traffic is heavy in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- To help reduce traffic congestion, ride transit to stadium events whenver possible. Nearly all transit sevice that serves downtown Seattle goes to within walking distance of the stadiums.
- Visit the Metro Online Alerts page for complete information about revised bus service, routing and stops for events.
- Visit Metro’s Online Trip Planner to find out how to get to and from this and other events and locations.
- Regular fares apply.
Evergreen Point Bridge Park-and-Ride on State Route 520 was moved to a new temporary location.
As of Monday, July 25, Metro Transit’s Evergreen Point Bridge
Park-and-Ride on State Route 520 was moved to a new temporary
location and the number of parking spaces has been reduced.
This location will be used for about two years to allow for construction
of the Washington State Department of Transportation’s (WSDOT) Eastside
Transit and HOV Project.
The new temporary lot is located just north of the original P&R on the north
side of SR-520 at Evergreen Point Road and NE 32nd Street in Medina.
Capacity at the temporary lot is reduced from 50 to 19 stalls due to limited
space and to avoid cutting down six mature trees. When the new park-and-ride
opens in 2013, the 50 stall capacity will be restored.
Mount Baker Station elevators to and from the southbound platform are out of service.
The elevators to and from the Mount Baker Station southbound platform are out of service until further notice.
Until repairs are made, southbound passengers who require the use of the elevator and want to board at Mount Baker should ride instead north to Beacon Hill and transfer to a southbound train.
Passengers who want to exit at Mount Baker should ride to Columbia City and transfer to a northbound train.
Thank you for joining us today.
We will return at 3:00 PM, this afternoon, to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great morning.