Good evening! Metro’s Tuesday PM commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in service to report.
Please note the information below about upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
Sounders FC match Wednesday, July 20, 7:00 PM at Qwest Field
Expect possible transit service schedule delays during stadium events and at other times when traffic is heavy in the SODO or stadium area.
- To help reduce traffic congestion, ride transit to stadium events whenever possible. Nearly all transit service that serves downtown Seattle goes to within walking distance of the stadiums.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 24, 25, 37, 56, 57, 85 Night Owl, 116, 118, 119 & 132 will be rerouted from the start of service on Wednesday and all times until early Thursday morning at 2:30 AM.
- Regular fares apply.
- 66,000 Fans are expected at Qwest/Century Link field.
- Many of the same routes that serve Qwest/Century Link field also serve the Seattle Center; plan for plenty of extra time to travel through these areas on Wednesday.
Katy Perry concert Wednesday, July 20, 7:30 PM at Key Arena
Expect possible transit service schedule delays during Key Arena events and at other times when traffic is heavy in the Seattle Center area.
- While no reroutes are expected for this event, many of the same routes that serve the Seattle Center also serve Qwest/Century Link field; plan for plenty of extra time to travel through these areas on Wednesday.
- To help reduce traffic congestion, ride transit to Seattle Center events whenever possible.
Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth – Traffic Impacts
Starting Sunday, July 17
Expect ferry delays and traffic congestion at the Fauntleroy terminal
starting Sunday, July 17.
- Please take extra caution around the Fauntleroy terminal and be prepared for possible delays.
- Some sailings will depart without a full load during peak times because of blocking traffic.
- WSF is monitoring the situation closely to determine impacts
and possible adjustments.
Mount Baker Station elevators to and from the southbound platform are out of service
The elevators to and from the Mount Baker Station southbound platform are out of service until further notice.
Until repairs are made, southbound passengers who require the use of the elevator and want to board at Mount Baker should ride instead north to Beacon Hill and transfer to a southbound train.
Passengers who want to exit at Mount Baker should ride to Columbia City and transfer to a northbound train.
We will return 6:00 AM tomorrow morning to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great night.