Metro’s Friday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Please note upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
Mariners game today, Friday, May 27, 7:10 PM at Safeco Field
Traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas may be congested on game days. Ride transit to the game.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 56 & 132 are rerouted briefly after weekday evening, weekend & holiday games.
- Regular fares apply.
Ramp Closure – 108th Av NE to westbound SR-520 -
Overnight on weeknights only, May 24-June 2, 9:00 PM-5:00 AM each night:
- Routes 255 & ST 540 are rerouted via Northup Way, Lake Washington Blvd NE to westbound SR-520 by this closure.
- No stops missed.
Mexico vs. Ecuador at Qwest Field, Saturday, May 28, 1:00 PM:
- Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- Ride transit to Qwest Field events.
- Regular fares apply.
NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30:
Traffic around Seattle Center may be congested during this event. Ride transit to Folklife.
- Metro operates Shuttle service between Northgate Transit Center and Folklife.
- More information about this event is available on the NW Folklife website.
Memorial Day observed Monday, May 30:
Metro Transit operates a holiday schedule .
The West Seattle/Downtown Seattle Water Taxi: will operate on a Sunday schedule on Memorial Day, Monday May 30.
To view the schedule, visit the Water Taxi website at www.kingcounty.gov/WaterTaxi.
Announcement: Sound Transit Fare change.
Starting June 1, fares on Sound Transit Express buses will change.
- King County will be one zone on ST service.
- Trips that start and end in the same county will have a one-zone fare. Adult trips that cross a county line will cost $3.50.
- One-zone youth fares will be $1.25.
- Medicare card changes: Starting June 11, 2011: To pay reduced fares, you will need a Regional Reduced Fare Permit [RRFP] or a Regional Reduced Fare Permit ORCA card. Medicare cards will no longer be accepted for reduced fare payment on ST Express buses. See Reduced fares for more information.
- Changes to Link light rail fares: Starting June 1, 2011: adult Link fares will rise 25 cents. Link tickets for adults will start with a base fare of $2.00 and add five cents to the base fare for every mile of your trip see chart
- Starting June 1, 2011: all youth Link fares will become $1.25, for all one-way trips on Link light rail. All reduced Link fares for seniors/disabled will remain 75 cents, for all one-way trips on Link light rail.
SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct Project:
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has reduced lanes on the SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct in both directions between the West Seattle Bridge and SODO.
- Plan extra time when using the Viaduct for travel to and from Summer events.
- For more information visit WSDOTor call the Alaskan Way Viaduct hotline at 1-888-AWV-LINE.
We will return at 3:00 PM, this afternoon, to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great morning.