Metro’s Wednesday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Be prepared for possible traffic congestion and delays in the SODO, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas during the Mariners Wednesday day game.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about possible traffic impacts in Metro’s service area.
- Through Sunday, 9/9.
- Most weekday evening games start at 7:10 PM.
- There is a day game on Wednesday, 9/5 at 12:40 PM.
- There is no premium or special Transit service to or from games.
- Ride regularly scheduled Transit serviceto & from games.
- Lots of Transit service goes near Safeco Field.
- SODO-area Transit service will operate via regular routes & stops
and there are no post-game reroutes.
- There is no longer any transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St.
- Expect traffic & possible Transit delays before and after games on routes that serve SODO, Pioneer Square & the DSTT.
- Since Friday, 8/31
- Routes 21, 22, 35, 37, 56, 57, 85 Night Owl, 116, 118 & 119 are using the new ramp.
Long-Term Construction Reroutes – Buses are rerouted off Fairview Av N due to a new phase in the Mercer Corridor Project
- Until approximately February, 2013 – at all times;
- Routes 70, 71, 72, 73, 83 Night Owl & 309 are rerouted in both
directions via Eastlake Av E instead of Fairview Av N.
Long-term Construction – The Eastbound 1st Av S ramp from the Spokane Street Viaduct is closed
- Through Sunday, 9/30 – at all times;
- Routes 21, 22, 35, 37, 56, 57, 85 Night Owl, 116, 118 & 119 are rerouted
via 4th Av S instead.
- Extended through Friday, 10/26 – at all times.
- Routes 48, 355 & School Custom Bus Route 994 are rerouted.
Event - Burien Fire Department Kids’ Day
- Saturday, September 8
- 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Route 139 will be affected by this event.
Event – Iron Girl 5 & 10K Race
- Sunday, September 9
- 7:30 – 10:30 AM
- Route 48 will be affected by this event.
Event – Escape from the Rock Triathlon
- Sunday, September 9
- 7:30 – 11:00 AM
- Sound Transit Routes ST 550 & ST 554 will be affected by this event.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will return at 3:00 PM to keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great morning.