Metro’s Friday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about possible traffic impacts in Metro’s service area.
Event – Sounders FC match
- Sunday, 8/5 at 6:00 PM.
- Although no transit service is rerouted due to this event, expect
traffic & transit schedule delays in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer
Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- Ride transit to CenturyLink Field events.
- Regular fares apply.
Metro will provide shuttle service between the Mercer Island and South Bellevue P&R lots during the Blue Angels events on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Shuttle will operate approximately every 30 minutes and
will connect riders to and from routes ST 550 and ST 554 at the South
The Shuttle will not operate on Sunday.
Ride Transit to Hydroplane Events
Streets will be blocked off near the hydroplane venue and parking is
extremely limited. Attendees are encouraged to ride transit to and from
Metro Route 39 travels to within a short distance of the hydroplane venue,
but may be rerouted when traffic in the area is very congested. Some
attendees may also be able to walk from the Route 7 on Rainier Av S, or
from Route 8, Route 14 or Central Link light rail at Mt Baker Station.
Visit the Metro Online Alerts page for complete information about
shuttles and revised bus service for this event.
Visit Metro’s online Trip Planner to find out how to get to and from this
and other events and locations.
Enjoy the Seafair Blue Angels and Hydroplane events this weekend.
Event – Magnolia Summer Festival
- Thursday, 8/2 at 10:00 AM-Saturday, 8/4 at 8:30 PM.
- Route 31 is rerouted.
Event – Magnolia Seafair Parade
- Saturday, August 4, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM;
- Routes 24 & 31 will be rerouted.
Event – Route 39 will be rerouted off of S Genesee St
during the Seafair Hydroplane Races
- Saturday, 8/4 & Sunday, 8/5.
- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM each day
- Route 39 will be rerouted.
Event – Umoja Fest Parade
- Saturday, August 4, 10:30 AM-3:00 PM;
- Routes 2, 3, 4, 8, 14 & 48 will be rerouted.
Nightly southbound Alaskan Way Viaduct closure
- Sunday, 7/29 through Friday, 8/3.
- 9:00 PM – 5:00 AM each night
- Routes 54, 120 & 125 will be rerouted.
Nightly eastbound 1st Av S off-ramp closure at S Spokane St
- Monday, 7/30 through Thursday, 8/2.
- 10:00 PM – 5:00 AM each night
- Routes 21, 56 & 85 Night Owl will be rerouted.
- Monday, 6/11 through Monday, 8/20 – at all times.
- Routes 48 & 355 are rerouted.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will return at 3:00 PM this afternoon to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great day.