HAPPY FRIDAY! Metro’s PM commute has begun with no significant disruptions or delays in transit service to report.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about potential traffic impacts
in Metro’s service area.
- Most weekday evenings games start at 7:10 PM.
- Saturday & Sunday, 7/28 & 29 the start time is 1:10 PM.
- There is no premium or special Transit service to or from games.
- Ride regularly scheduled Transit service to & from games.
- Lots of Transit service goes near Safeco Field.
- SODO-area Transit service will operate via regular routes & stops
and there are no post-game reroutes.
- There is no longer any transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St.
- Expect traffic & possible Transit delays before and after games on routes that serve SODO, Pioneer Square & the DSTT.
Event – Bellevue Arts Fair
- Thursday, 7/26 at 4:00 PM-Sunday, 7/29 at 10:00 PM;
- Routes 240, 243, 246 & 249 will be rerouted.
Event – Renton River Days Parade
- Saturday, 7/28 from the start of service to 1:00 PM;
- Routes 101, 105, 106, 107, 140, 148, 169, 240, ST 540 & Dart Rts 908 & 909 will be rerouted.
Event – Seafair Torchlight Events
- Seafair 8K Run & Torchlight Parade – Saturday, 7/28.
- Pine St bus routes will be rerouted from Friday night-Sunday Noon.
- Bus rerouting near Seattle Center begins as early as 3:30 PM on Saturday.
- The northbound Alaskan Way Viaduct closes for the 8K Run at 5:30 PM.
- There will be bus reroutes in downtown Seattle from 6:00-10:30 PM.
- During the Parade & until crowds clear, Metro routes 7, 36, 120 & 125
will serve a temporary bus stop on southbound 3rd Av between Pike & Union streets, instead of their usual stops at Pine, Pike or Union.
Construction – Weekend Alaskan Way Viaduct (AWV) closures
- Northbound AWV closed Saturday, 7/28 at about 5:30 PM through Monday, 7/30 to about 5:00 AM;
- Southbound AWV closed overnight Sunday, 7/29 at 9:00 PM through Monday, 7/30 at 5:00 AM;
- Routes 54, 55, 120 & 125 will be rerouted;
- The start and end times of these closures are subject to change without notice.
- Visit the WSDOT website or check media reports for updates.
Construction – Expect possible delays due to
I-90 lane closures near Issaquah
Crews removing an old fish culvert between eastbound and westbound Interstate 90 east of Issaquah will extend lane closures on eastbound I-90 until Friday, July 27. Expect possible delays.
- Monday, 6/11 through Monday, 8/20 – at all times.
- Eastbound Route 48 is rerouted.
- Westbound service is on regular route.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services!
We will be here until 7:00 PM to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great afternoon.