Good evening! Metro’s Thursday PM commute is winding down.
Heavy traffic congestion has been reported on SR-520 midspan, both directions causing minor service delays.
Routes 3 & 8 continue to be rerouted due to a blockage on Martin Luther King Jr Way S in both directions at Cherry St. Shuttle service has been set up to cover missed service areas.
Route 3 will end service at 23rd Av and E Jefferson St and will not continue any further east. Use stops along E Jefferson St west of 23rd Av. Shuttle service has been set up to start from 23rd Av & E Jefferson St, then northbound on 23rd Av, eastbound on Union St to the Rt 3 terminal on 34th Av at E Union St, making all posted stops along its routing.
Route 8 will be rerouted off of MLK Jr Way S between E Yesler Way and E Union St, using 23rd Av instead. Use stops along 23rd Av south of E Union St or along MLK Jr Way S north of E Union St. Shuttle service has been set up to cover service on MLK Jr Way S between S Jackson St and E Union St.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about possible traffic impacts in Metro’s service area.
While all traffic could experience delays in event areas, such as Seattle Center and SODO, transit is an excellent option for getting to and from activities. Transit service is often able to take advantage of lanes or travel corridors that are restricted to general purpose traffic. There is lots of transit service to and from these upcoming events.
Event - Mariners game tonight at 7:10 PM
- There is no post-game premium or special service;
- Ride regularly scheduled transit service to & from games;
- Lots of transit service goes near Safeco Field;
- SODO-area transit service operates via regular routes & stops;
there are no post-game reroutes;
- There is no longer any transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays both pre & post game on routes that serve SODO & Pioneer Square, including DSTT routes.
Event – NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center
- Friday-Monday – 5/25-28
- On all days of the festival, regular Transit service to Seattle Centeris provided by Metro routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 15, 16, 18, 24, 30 & 33. Routes 5, 17, 26, 28 & 358 go to within walking distance. Regular fares apply.
- Metro will provide shuttle service Saturday-Monday from the Northgate TC & S Renton P&R. AtSeattleCenter, both shuttles arrive and depart from the stop eastbound onMercer St at 3rd Av N.
- The cost to ride the shuttle is $2.50 cash-only per person each way. Children aged 5 & under ride free. No passes, transfers or ORCA cards are accepted
Memorial Day observed Monday, May 28
In observance of Memorial Day, King County Metro Transit will operate a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 28.
- Metro offices – including the Customer Information, pass sales and lost and found offices – will be closed on Monday. Visit Metro’s online Regional Trip Planner to plan your transit trip.
- If your bus does not normally operate on Sunday, it will not operate on Monday.
- The West Seattle Water Taxi route will be operating a Sunday schedule on Memorial Day, as will DART shuttle routes 773 and 775.
- The Vashon Island Water Taxi route will not be in service on Monday
- On Memorial Day, both the South Lake Union Streetcar and Link light rail will operate a Sunday schedule.
Construction – NE 90th St Bridge closure in Redmond
- Monday, May 21 8:00 AM – Thursday, May 31 4:00 PM
- At all times during the closure
- The RapidRide B Line is rerouted.
Construction – Colman Dock bus stop revision
- Until further notice.
- Rt 16 is not serving the ferry terminal. It is instead traveling via 1st Av S. Use the temporary stop southbound on 1st Av S just south ofMarion St.
- Rt 66 is serving a new combined bus island on theAlaskan Wayroadway betweenMarion&Columbiastreets across from the ferry terminal.
- Rt 99 stops north of Colman Dock atPike St.
- Through the middle of June
- Expect possible service delays on Routes 54, 116, 118, 119 & ST 560.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will return tomorrow at 6:00 AM to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great night.