Metro’s Thursday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about possible traffic impacts in Metro’s service area.
While all traffic could experience delays in event areas, such as Seattle Center and SODO, transit is an excellent option for getting to and from activities. Transit service is often able to take advantage of lanes or travel corridors that are restricted to general purpose traffic. There is lots of transit service to and from these upcoming events.
Event – SR-520 drawspan opening today at 9:00 AM
- Thursday, May 24
- At approximately 9:00 AM.
- The SR-520 Bridge will be closed for up to 30 minutes during this opening.
- Metro routes 242, 255, 265, 271, 277 and Sound Transit routes ST 540, ST 542, ST 545 & ST 556 may be delayed
Event - Mariners game tonight at 7:10 PM
- There is no post-game premium or special service;
- Ride regularly scheduled transit service to & from games;
- Lots of transit service goes near Safeco Field;
- SODO-area transit service operates via regular routes & stops;
there are no post-game reroutes;
- There is no longer any transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays both pre & post game on routes that serve SODO & Pioneer Square, including DSTT routes.
Event – NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center
- Friday-Monday – 5/25-28
- On all days of the festival, regular Transit service to Seattle Centeris provided by Metro routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 15, 16, 18, 24, 30 & 33. Routes 5, 17, 26, 28 & 358 go to within walking distance. Regular fares apply.
- Metro will provide shuttle service Saturday-Monday from the Northgate TC & S Renton P&R. AtSeattleCenter, both shuttles arrive and depart from the stop eastbound onMercer St at 3rd Av N.
- The cost to ride the shuttle is $2.50 cash-only per person each way. Children aged 5 & under ride free. No passes, transfers or ORCA cards are accepted
Memorial Day observed Monday, May 28
In observance of Memorial Day, King County Metro Transit will operate a Sunday schedule on Monday, May 28.
- Metro offices – including the Customer Information, pass sales and lost and found offices – will be closed on Monday. Visit Metro’s online Regional Trip Planner to plan your transit trip.
- If your bus does not normally operate on Sunday, it will not operate on Monday.
- The West Seattle Water Taxi route will be operating a Sunday schedule on Memorial Day, as will DART shuttle routes 773 and 775.
- The Vashon Island Water Taxi route will not be in service on Monday
- On Memorial Day, both the South Lake Union Streetcar and Link light rail will operate a Sunday schedule.
Construction – NE 90th St Bridge closure in Redmond
- Monday, May 21 8:00 AM – Thursday, May 31 4:00 PM
- At all times during the closure
- The RapidRide B Line is rerouted.
Construction – Colman Dock bus stop revision
- Until further notice.
- Rt 16 is not serving the ferry terminal. It is instead traveling via 1st Av S. Use the temporary stop southbound on 1st Av S just south ofMarion St.
- Rt 66 is serving a new combined bus island on theAlaskan Wayroadway betweenMarion&Columbiastreets across from the ferry terminal.
- Rt 99 stops north of Colman Dock atPike St.
- Through the middle of June
- Expect possible service delays on Routes 54, 116, 118, 119 & ST 560.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will return at 3:00 PM today to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great morning.