Good evening! Metro’s Tuesday PM commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about possible traffic impacts in Metro’s service area.
While all traffic could experience delays in event areas, such as Seattle Center and SODO, transit is an excellent option for getting to and from weekend activities. Transit service is often able to take advantage of lanes or travel corridors that are restricted to general purpose traffic. There is lots of transit service to and from Folklife and other upcoming events.
Event – Mariners game tonight at 7:10 PM; tomorrow’s afternoon game at 12:40 PM
- Game time tonight at 7:10 PM.
- Afternoon game tomorrow at 12:40 PM.
- There is no post-game premium or special service;
- Ride regularly scheduled transit service to & from games;
- Lots of transit service goes near Safeco Field;
- SODO-area transit service operates via regular routes & stops;
there are no post-game reroutes
- There is no longer any transit service on 1st Av S north of S Lander St;
- Expect traffic & possible transit delays before & after game on routes
that serve SODO & Pioneer Square.
- Anticipate heavier traffic than usual for tomorrow’s afternoon game in the surrounding SODO area between 7:00 – 8:30 AM, prior to the game between 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM and after the game around 3:30 – 5:00 PM.
Event – Two SR-520 drawspan openings scheduled tonight
- Tuesday, May 22
- At approximately 7:30 PM & 8:30 PM.
- The SR-520 Bridge will be closed for up to 30 minutes during each opening.
- Metro routes 255, 271 and Sound Transit route ST 545 may be delayed.
Construction – Eastbound SR-520 bridge closure begins tonight at 11:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 22 & Wednesday, May 23
- Overnight 11:00 PM – 5:00 AM each night
- Buses via I-90 instead
- Routes 255, 280 Night Owl & ST 545 will be rerouted due to this project
Due to necessary vessel repairs and inspections, the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route will operate on a two-boat schedule today, with the 90-car Sealth and the 124-car Kitsap. Please plan ahead for travel on this route.
The King County Water Taxi advises that riders should utilize the two boat schedule issued to plan their commute during this period as this change will affect Southworth commuters, riders catching Metro buses coming off the Fauntleroy/Vashon route, and more.
The Water Taxi will be operating normal Vashon service but anticipates heavy ridership for the 7:10 AM sailing.
Event – NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center
- Friday-Monday – 5/25-28
- On all days of the festival, regular Transit service to Seattle Center is provided by Metro routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 13, 15, 16, 18, 24, 30 & 33. Routes 5, 17, 26, 28 & 358 go to within walking distance. Regular fares apply.
- Metro will provide shuttle service Saturday-Monday from the Northgate TC & S Renton P&R. At SeattleCenter, both shuttles arrive and depart from the stop eastbound onMercer Stat 3rd Av N.
- The cost to ride the shuttle is $2.50 cash-only per person each way. Children aged 5 & under ride free. No passes, transfers or ORCA cards are accepted
Construction – NE 90th St Bridge closure in Redmond
- Monday, May 21 8:00 AM – Thursday, May 31 4:00 PM
- At all times during the closure
- The RapidRide B Line is rerouted.
Construction – Colman Dock bus stop revision
- Until further notice.
- Rt 16 is not serving the ferry terminal. It is instead traveling via 1st Av S. Use the temporary stop southbound on 1st Av S just south of Marion St.
- Rt 66 is serving a new combined bus island on the Alaskan Way roadway between Marion & Columbia streets across from the ferry terminal.
- Rt 99 stops north of Colman Dock at Pike St.
- Through the middle of June
- Expect possible service delays on Routes 54, 116, 118, 119 & ST 560.
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services!
We will be return at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great night.