Metro’s Thursday afternoon commute is underway.
Due to the unexpected closure of Pike St during the President’s visit, Metro has implemented shuttle service, displayed as routes 10 & 14, between downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill.
Until Pike St reopens later this afternoon, Trolley buses arriving downtown from the south or on Capitol Hill from the north will not continue via Pike or Pine to or from Capitol Hill, but will instead turn back. Please check with your driver if you are not sure.
Transit customers who wish to continue on can board or transfer to the Shuttle. On Capitol Hill, the Shuttle to downtown leaves from westbound E Pine St just east of Bellevue Av E.
In downtown Seattle, the Shuttle leaves from eastbound on Pike St at 4th or 6th Avenues. There are no stops along the shuttle routing; it will be necessary to walk to points in between.
Expect delays in Transit service throughout the afternoon.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Please note the information below about expected traffic and transit impacts due to events and construction in Metro’s service area.
Construction – Colman Dock bus stop revision
- Starting Thursday, May 10 until further notice.
- Routes 16 & 66 will serve a new combined bus island on the Alaskan Way. roadway between Marion & Columbia Streets across from the ferry terminal.
- Rt 99 will stop north of Colman Dock at Pike St & south of it on Yesler Wy.
C Line construction starting at Fauntleroy ferry dock
Starting Friday, May 11, Metro will begin a month-long project to install
RapidRide C Line improvements at the Fauntleroy Ferry dock.
- Expect possible service delays on Routes 54, 116, 118, 119 & ST 560.
Sounders FC game at CenturyLink Field
Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
Event – The Colors Run
- Sunday, May 13,
- 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Routes 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 16, 24, 30, 33, 36, 39, 43, 49, 120, 125, 131, 132, ST 522 & ST 554 will be rerouted due to this event.
Construction – eastbound on NW 85th St between 8th Av NW & Greenwood Av N
- Wednesday, April 25, Start of Service – Tuesday, May 15, End of Service.
- Routes 5 Express, 48 & 994 will be rerouted due to this project
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will be here until at 7:00 PM to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great afternoon.