Good morning! Metro’s Thursday morning commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Sign up for Transit Alerts.
Thursday’s presidential visit will affect bus service
On Thursday, May 10, From about 9 AM to 4 PM, Convention Place Tunnel Station will be closed to all pedestrian access and Pine St will be closed west of I-5.
Buses will continue to travel through CPS, but will not stop there. No passengers will be allowed to board or exit buses in the station. Sound Transit Link light rail service is expected to operate normally to and from Westlake Station.
Additionally, there will be no bus service on Pine St between Boren Av and 3rd Av. During this time, board any bus on Stewart St – or walk – to 3rd Av to transfer to buses at their regular stops.
Metro bus riders are advised to allow plenty of extra travel time on Thursday and to be prepared for possible delays.
During the event, Metro will post significant updates via its kcmetrobus Twitter account, this blog during peak hours or Transit Alerts if warranted.
For transit information visit Metro Online or call 206-553-3000.
Please note the information below about expected traffic and transit impacts due to events and construction in Metro’s service area.
Construction – Colman Dock bus stop revision
- Starting Thursday, May 10 until further notice.
- Routes 16 & 66 will serve a new combined bus island on the Alaskan Way. roadway between Marion & Columbia Streets across from the ferry terminal.
- Rt 99 will stop north of Colman Dock at Pike St & south of it on Yesler Wy.
C Line construction starting at Fauntleroy ferry dock
Starting Friday, May 11, Metro will begin a month-long project to install
RapidRide C Line improvements at the Fauntleroy Ferry dock.
- Expect possible service delays on Routes 54, 116, 118, 119 & ST 560.
Sounders FC game at CenturyLink Field
Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
Event – The Colors Run
- Sunday, May 13,
- 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM.
- Routes 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 16, 24, 30, 33, 36, 39, 43, 49, 120, 125, 131, 132, ST 522 & ST 554 will be rerouted due to this event.
Construction – eastbound on NW 85th St between 8th Av NW & Greenwood Av N
- Wednesday, April 25, Start of Service – Tuesday, May 15, End of Service.
- Routes 5 Express, 48 & 994 will be rerouted due to this project
Thank you for riding and for using Metro’s services.
We will return at 3:00 PM to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great morning.