Metro’s Wednesday afternoon commute is winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Please note the information below about upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
Construction onWallingfordAv N betweenN 80th St&N 85th St- 8/23-27.
- Routes 16, 48, 82 Night Owl & 316 will be rerouted during this closure.
Mariners home stand – Starting Friday, 8/26, 7:10 PM at Safeco Field
Traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas may be congested on game days. Ride transit to the game.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 56 & 132 are rerouted briefly after weekday evening, weekend & holiday games.
- Regular fares apply.
SR-520 Bridge full weekend closure – Friday, 8/26 at 11 PM through Monday, 8/29 at 5 AM
The new Burien P&R garage opens on Saturday, 8/27
- The new 5 story, 460 space garage is on the west side of the Burien TC.
- The Interim Burien P&R at 14650 1st Av S & the Burien Municipal Parking Lot will close on Saturday.
- Rider Alert information and a map are available on Metro Online at: http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/parknride/alerts/2011/08/burien-park-and-ride-garage-opens-8-27-2011.html
Enumclaw Motorcycle Show - Saturday, 8/27, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Route 186 will be rerouted during this event.
Seattle Marathon 10K – Saturday, 8/27, 7:30 AM-10:30 AM
- Routes 3, 4, 5, 16, 26, 28 & 358 will be rerouted during this event.
Sounders FC game – Saturday, 8/27, 1 PM at CenturyLink Field
Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
Evergreen Point Bridge P&R on SR-520 has been moved to a new temporary location
As of July 25, Metro Transit’s Evergreen Point Bridge P&R was moved to a new temporary location and the number of parking spaces was reduced.
- This location will be used for about two years to allow for construction
of the Washington State Department of Transportation’s (WSDOT) Eastside Transit & HOV Project.
- The new temporary lot is located just north of the original P&R on the north side of SR-520 at Evergreen Point Road & NE 32nd St inMedina.
- Capacity at the temporary lot is reduced from 50 to 19 stalls.
- When the new P&R opens in 2013, the 50 stall capacity will be restored.
The Mt Baker Link Station elevator to & from the southbound platform is out of service. The northbound platform elevator is operating.
- Until repairs are made, southbound passengers who require the use of the elevator should ride instead north to Beacon Hill and transfer to a southbound train.
- Southbound passengers who want to exit at Mt Baker should ride to Columbia City & transfer to a northbound train.
Thank you for joining us today.
We will return at 6:00 AM on Thursday to help keep an
Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great evening!