At 3:00 PM, Metro’s Tuesday afternoon commute begins quietly with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Please note information below on upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
Ramp Closure – 108th Av NE to westbound SR-520:
Overnight on weeknights only, May 24-June 2, 9:00 PM-5:00 AM each night:
- Routes 255 & ST 540 are rerouted via Northup Way, Lake Washington Blvd NE to westbound SR-520 by this closure.
- No stops missed.
Mariners game today, Tuesday, May 31, 7:10 PM at Safeco Field
Traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas may be congested on game days. Ride transit to the game.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 56 & 132 are rerouted briefly after weekday evening, weekend & holiday games.
- Regular fares apply.
Annoucement – Sound Transit Fare change:
Starting June 1, fares on Sound Transit Express buses will change
- King County will be one zone on ST service.
- Trips that start and end in the same county will have a one-zone fare. Adult trips that cross a county line will cost $3.50.
- One-zone youth fares will be $1.25.
Medicare card changes: Starting June 11, 2011
- To pay reduced fares, you will need a Regional Reduced Fare Permit [RRFP] or a Regional Reduced Fare Permit ORCA card. Medicare cards will no longer be accepted for reduced fare payment on ST Express buses. All reduced Link fares for seniors/disabled will remain 75 cents, for all one-way trips on Link light rail.
Changes to Link light rail fares: Starting June 1, 2011
- Adult Link fares will rise 25 cents. Link tickets for adults will start with a base fare of $2.00 and add five cents to the base fare for every mile of your trip see chart.
- All youth Link fares will become $1.25, for all one-way trips on Link light rail.
SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct Project:
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has reduced lanes on the SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct in both directions between the West Seattle Bridge and SODO.
- Plan extra time when using the Viaduct for travel to and from summer events.
- For more information visit WSDOT or call the Alaskan Way Viaduct hotline at 1-888-AWV-LINE.
Thank you for joining us today.
We are here until 7:00 PM to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great afternoon.