At 7:00 PM – Metro’s Thursday evening commute is quietly winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit to report.
Please note upcoming events in Metro’s service area.
Eastbound I-90 Bridge Mainline closed tonight:
WSDOT crews will close the eastbound mainline lanes of the I-90 Lake Washington Bridge from Thursday evening, May 26 at 11:59 PM through Friday morning, May 27 at 5:00 AM.
- Traffic is detoured to the reversible express lanes between the Mount Baker Tunnel and Mercer Island.
Ramp Closure – 108th Av NE to westbound SR-520
Overnight on weeknights only, May 24-June 2, 9:00 PM-5:00 AM each night:
- Routes 255 & ST 540 are rerouted by this closure.
- No stops are missed
The Seattle Mariners next home stand is Friday, May 27 through Sunday, June 5:
Traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas may be congested on game days. Ride transit to the game.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 56 & 132 are rerouted briefly after weekday evening, weekend & holiday games.
- Regular fares apply.
Mexico vs. Ecuador at Qwest Field, Saturday, May 28, 1:00 PM:
Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- Ride transit to Qwest Field events.
- Regular fares apply.
NW Folklife Festival at Seattle Center Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30:
Traffic around Seattle Center may be congested during this event. Ride transit to Folklife.
- Metro operates Shuttle service between NorthgateTransitCenter and Folklife.
- More information about this event is available on the NW Folklife website.
Memorial Day observed Monday, May 30:
Metro Transit operates a holiday schedule
Annoucement: Sound Transit Fare change.
Starting June 1, fares on Sound Transit Express buses will change.
- King County will be one zone on ST service.
- Trips that start and end in the same county will have a one-zone fare. Adult trips that cross a county line will cost $3.50.
- One-zone youth fares will be $1.25.
Medicare card changes: Starting June 11, 2011:
- To pay reduced fares, you will need a Regional Reduced Fare Permit [RRFP] or a Regional Reduced Fare Permit ORCA card.Medicare cards will no longer be accepted for reduced fare payment on ST Express buses. All reduced Link fares for seniors/disabled will remain 75 cents, for all one-way trips on Link light rail.
Changes to Link light rail fares: Starting June 1, 2011:
- Adult Link fares will rise 25 cents. Link tickets for adults will start with a base fare of $2.00 and add five cents to the base fare for every mile of your trip see chart.
- All youth Link fares will become $1.25, for all one-way trips on Link light rail.
SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct Project:
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has reduced lanes on the SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct in both directions between theWestSeattleBridge and SODO.
- Plan extra time when using the Viaduct for travel to and from Summer events.
- For more information visit WSDOT or call the Alaskan Way Viaduct hotline at 1-888-AWV-LINE.
Thank you for joining us this evening. We will return at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning to help keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a great night!