At 7:00 PM – Metro’s Wednesday evening commute is quietly winding down with no significant delays or disruptions in transit service to report.
Please note upcoming events over the next few days that may impact travel in Metro’s service area.
Sounders FC at Qwest Field tonight, Wednesday, May 25, 7:00 PM:
- Although no Metro or Metro operated Sound Transit service is rerouted because of this event, expect possible delays due to traffic volumes in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas.
- Regular fares apply.
Eastbound I-90 Mainline Over Lake Washington Closed:
WSDOT crews will close the eastbound mainline of I-90 from 11:59 PM Wednesday, May 26 through Friday, May 27 5:00 AM.
- Traffic will be detoured to the reversible express lanes between the Mount Baker Tunnel and the Mercer Island lid.
Ramp Closure – 108th Av NE to westbound SR-520:
Overnight on weeknights only May 24 through June 2, 9:00 PM-5:00 AM each night.
- Routes 255 & ST 540 are affected by this closure
Mariners’s next home stand is Friday, May 27 through Sunday, June 5:
Traffic in the SODO, Stadium, Pioneer Square & downtown Seattle areas may be congested on game days.
- Routes 15, 18, 21, 22, 56 & 132 are affected after weekday evening, weekend & holiday games.
- Regular fares apply.
NW Folklife Festival at the Seattle Center Saturday May 28 through Monday May 30:
Traffic on the main arterials around Seattle Center may be congested during this event.
- Shuttle service is provided between the Seattle Center and the Northgate Transit Center.
- More information about this event is available on the NW Folklife website.
Memorial Day observed Monday, May 30 , 2011:
Metro Transit operates it’s holiday schedule
- Additional transit information is available.
SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct Project (long-term):
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has reduced lanes on the SR-99 Alaskan Way Viaduct in both directions between the West Seattle Bridge and SODO.
- Plan extra time when using the Viaduct for travel to and from Summer events.
- For more information visit WSDOT or call the Alaskan Way Viaduct hotline at 1-888-AWV-LINE.
Thank you for joining us tonight. We will return at 7:00 AM Thursday morning to help Keep an Eye on Your Metro Commute.
Travel safely and have a pleasant evening!